Rydes Hill Nursery
Our Nursery Department is a friendly, happy and purposeful wonderland of opportunities that allows children to find their feet without any pressure or competition.
We provide a secure, caring, well-organised department in which your child’s happiness is our foremost concern. Your child will leave the Nursery Department with increased confidence and independence, well-prepared for entry into our Kindergarten class.
We believe that early childhood education provides the essential foundation for all future learning. Our children learn through play, topic work and a variety of stimulating activities, designed to challenge and evoke curiosity.
- Well qualified, experienced staff
- Attention to individual development
- Encouragement for children to discover and use their many talents
- Full access to all the School’s facilities
- Specialist teaching in Music
- Specialist teaching in Music and Movement/Ballet
- Specialist teaching in P.E.
- All children in Nursery take part in the Nursery Nativity
- All children in Nursery take part in Sports Day
- All children in Nursery have the opportunity to watch Assemblies and Plays performed by the older children
The age of admission to the Nursery is rising three ( ie. they can start at the beginning of the term in which they turn three). We are recognised as an eligible provider for the Nursery Education Grant Scheme and our fees are reduced by the relevant amount. Our Early Years (Nursery and Kindergarten) have been rated "Outstanding" in every category in three Ofsted/ISI Inspections in June 2008, June 2011 and June 2017.
Our Daily Routine
- Breakfast Club - 07:30 - 08:00
- Complimentary Early Bird Club - 08:00 - 08:45
- Morning Session - 08:45 - 12:00 or 13:25
- Luncheon Break - 12:10 - 13:25
- Day Session - 08:45 - 15:30
- Stay & Play - 15:30 - 17:30
We offer facilities for the care of children before and after normal school times, from 7:30am to 5:30pm. Parents may use this service every day or whenever needs arise.
Children may choose to have lunch on some or all of the days on which they attend.